The CFATS System accounts for all investor financial activity and maintains a complete database of investor information, including:
- Allocation of income and expense
- Calculation of management and incentive fees*
- Summary and detailed reporting
- Tax Reporting
- Hot issue and side pocket investments
- Tiered partnerships
* CFATS has the flexibility to accommodate distinct fee structures for different classes or even for different investors in the same class.
CFATS generates a variety of investor reports including the following:
- Investor Account Statements
- Fee Calculation Reports
- Investor Financial Activity
- Investor Transaction History Reports
- Investor Tax Allocation Reports
- Partner Ledger
- Consolidated Investor Statements (for managers with multiple funds)
- Investor Summary Reports
The inherent flexibility of CFATS extends to the creation of investor account statements. The system permits fund managers to produce investor statements that are customized to their needs and preferences. At the option of the user, statements can display more or less detail and include color, graphics or a company logo or signature. Duplicate statements can also be produced for investors who want their account information sent to an accountant or other third party.
For managers with multiple funds, CFATS can produce a Combined Investor Statement that will display the results of multiple funds on a single consolidated statement. As with our standard statements, the format and level of detail can be controlled by the user.
CFATS will create export files that can be used to import fund data into other applications such as a database or spreadsheet program. This capability enables fund managers to generate customized, firm specific reports that can be accessed instantaneously on a PC or network. Downloaded data from CFATS can be used to populate a website that would provide investors with internet access to their account status. Data export files can be created at any point in the accounting cycle and can be run as often as desired. CFATS can work with information processing services, like DST Systems' Financial Advisor Network Mail (FANMail), utilized for the tracking of investor or salesreps information.